1. Is moving Sing Live to ‘Groups’ a permanent change?
After testing and iterating with members of our community, we believe this is the best approach to continue to have a live experience and reduce the impact bad actors can have on our community.
2. Do I need to have a VIP subscription to join or create Sing Live sessions?
Yes, with the current version of Sing Live, it is required to have an active subscription to be able to create or join a Sing Live session.
3. I don't see any active Sing Live sessions in Smule. Where can I find them?
The current Sing Live experience is only discoverable in ‘Groups.’ As a VIP group member, you will be able to start a Sing Live session or join an active session through your group’s profile page.
4. How do I join a Sing Live session?
Visit your group’s profile page and look for the “Live Now” section to view and join active Sing Live sessions. If there are not any active sessions, you will not see this section in the profile view.
5. How do I start a Sing Live session?
If you are a VIP user and a member of a group in Smule, you can visit your group’s profile page and tap the “Sing Live” button to start a session. Your session will be open to fellow VIP members of the same group, so they will be able to join as a singer or audience member.
6. How can I ‘Sing Live’ with a particular user?
In order to sing with a specific user, you will need to confirm that both of you are VIP users and are members of the same group.
7. I’m not a member of a group. How can I access the Sing Live feature?
- You can either request to join an existing group or create your own group.
- To join an existing group, search for the group you’d like to join and tap the “Join” button. The group owner approves all members. Keep in mind, owners can make their group “invite only.” If this is the case, you will not be able to send a join request.
Тo create your own group, follow the directions listed here. https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001443403-Groups-FAQ
8. Can I save my audio-only Sing Live?
No. Live sessions cannot be saved. This is not available for both audio-only and Live sessions with video.
9. Can my Live session be Private?
No. Video Live sessions are already available only in Smule groups where only users from your group can join it.