1. Is moving Sing Live to ‘Groups’ a permanent change?
After testing and iterating with members of our community, we believe this is the best approach to continue to have a live experience and reduce the impact bad actors can have on our community.
2. Do I need to have a VIP subscription to join or create Sing Live sessions?
Yes, with the current version of Sing Live, it is required to have an active subscription to be able to create or join a Sing Live session. In the future, we will release a free, audio-only experience that will not require a VIP subscription.
3. I don't see any active Sing Live sessions in Smule. Where can I find them?
The current Sing Live experience is only discoverable in ‘Groups.’ As a VIP group member, you will be able to start a Sing Live session or join an active session through your group’s profile page.
4. How do I join a Sing Live session?
Visit your group’s profile page and look for the “Live Now” section to view and join active Sing Live sessions. If there are not any active sessions, you will not see this section in the profile view.
5. How do I start a Sing Live session?
If you are a VIP user and a member of a group in Smule, you can visit your group’s profile page and tap the “Sing Live” button to start a session. Your session will be open to fellow VIP members of the same group, so they will be able to join as a singer or audience member.
6. How can I ‘Sing Live’ with a particular user?
In order to sing with a specific user, you will need to confirm that both of you are VIP users and are members of the same group.
7. I’m not a member of a group. How can I access the Sing Live feature?
- You can either request to join an existing group or create your own group.
- To join an existing group, search for the group you’d like to join and tap the “Join” button. The group owner approves all members. Keep in mind, owners can make their group “invite only.” If this is the case, you will not be able to send a join request.
Тo create your own group, follow the directions listed here. https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001443403-Groups-FAQ
8. How do I report an abusive or offensive user in Sing Live?
To start, we recommend messaging the group owner or admin to alert him/her of the bad actor. To ban someone from your Sing Live session, follow the below steps:
- Tap the face of the member you’d like to ban
- Tap the “...”
- Tap “Ban From Sing Live”
In addition to taking these steps, you can also block a user by visiting their profile and tapping the “...” in the menu bar and selecting “Block.”
If you believe a user is violating our Community Guidelines or engaging in harassment or offensive behavior, you can also report the user to Smule. After finding the user's profile, click the "..." menu, then tap the “Flag User” option. An email template will be displayed, which you can use to notify our Support team.
9. What can I do to help stay safe on Smule?
It’s important to remember safety and privacy are as important online as they are offline. Keeping your personal information to yourself and away from bad actors is crucial. Whether with the people you think you know or anyone you have met, never share:
- Your location
- Your address
- Place of work
- School information
- Social Security number or other identification numbers
- Credit card, banking or other financial information
- Your password – keep in mind that Smule will never ask for your password
- Any other personal information
For more safety tips, check out our recent blog post.