We constantly work towards improving the overall safety of our users and want to make sure they are able to enjoy their time in the app without any negative interruptions. However, we still want to give you some tips on staying safe in the app.
- If someone is using any information of yours such as pictures or personal information you can unfollow them or block them. The unfollow button can be found the person's profile and blocking is really easy - you just need to open the person's profile, where you will see a "..." option just below the Follow button. Tap "..." and you will be given the option to block the user. As a final step, you can report the user so we can take the necessary action.
- Account privacy - since there is currently no way to make your Smule account private, you still are able to change the Privacy settings of your posted recordings. This can be done from the "Edit" section within the app or from the Smule.com website.
- If you are being bullied or harassed you should immediately report the account in question or contact us at email@example.com. We might require some further information and evidence from you in order to take the best applicable actions toward the bully account and ensure your safety. While you receive a response from us, we strongly suggest you block the account in order to avoid any further communication.
- Never agree to do something or share anything that makes you uncomfortable.
- In case you come across a scam account, make sure to report it as soon as possible. We remove content that purposefully deceives, willfully misrepresents, or otherwise defrauds or exploits people for money or property.