- Open Smule.com from your web browser.
- Once you have a backing track that meets the requirements (see below), click on the Upload button and select Upload a song to Smule.
- Select the backing track from your PC. The upload shouldn’t take longer than a few seconds.
- Enter the title and artist of your song. If we already have it in our system, we’ll suggest a match. Enter the genre and the mood of the song (required).
- On the next screen, add the lyrics to the song by pasting them in the text field. On the right, you have the option to select which user should sing each lyric in a duet performance, by clicking on the tiles.
6. On the next and final screen, you will time your lyrics to the music. Tap the spacebar or click your mouse to indicate when the singer should see a given line on the screen. As soon as that line should appear, click it with your mouse or hit the spacebar. The speaker icon appears to show you what the singer would currently be singing.
- When you’re ready with timing the lyrics, click “Save”.
9. All done! The song you uploaded can be located in your Smule account.
- Uploading requirements:
Maximum file size: 20 MB, or recording length up to 10 minutes
Supported formats: m4a, mp3
16 Bit, 44100 or 48000 Hz Sample Rate
Mono or stereo files only
Maximum compression: 64kbps (mono) and 128kbps (stereo)