Why does it keep saying "Recording too short" even when I record really long songs?
Something probably went wrong with your audio stream during launch. Just close the app and re-launch it, and the error should go away. In order to fully close the app, you must go to your Home screen, and then double-click the Home button again. This will show AutoRap (and your other open apps) at the bottom. Hold down AutoRap until it starts shaking and shows the red dash. Press the red dash to close the app.
Why does it keep chopping up my words in weird places?
AutoRap uses speech detection technology to figure out how best to segment and repeat phrases that you speak, to mimic the structure of a real rap song. It has been designed to work on all languages, so it can sometimes make decisions that seem silly. If you don't like the way it's segmented your speech, just select "Change Beat" and re-AutoRap it, and it'll try again!
Why is there no sound?
This probably means that the audio engine did not initialize properly. Try closing and re-launching the app.
Why is my voice so soft in the recording?
While recording, make sure you are talking / rapping directly into the mic. If you hold the device too far away from your mouth, or talk very softly, your voice may sound too low in the recording.
What are all these permissions you're asking for?
Android helpfully informs you of all the features of your phone that an app can access, however it's not always clear why. Read on for a description of exactly what AutoRap does with each of these permissions.
- You have the option to purchase a subscription within the app. You do not have to make any in-app purchases to use the app.
- This allows you to sign in with your Google+ account if you have one.
- When you share songs, they appear on a globe and we use this to determine where to place them. Your exact location will never be revealed. Also, we pay attention to what countries (and in some cases, states) our users are coming from so we can make sure our app is optimized for the needs of our audience.
- You can choose a photo from your Library to upload to your profile or save as your album art.
- This is a vocal app which means you will be using your microphone to sing or rap with the app.
Wi-Fi Connection Information
- Checks to see if your device can connect to a Wi-Fi network. This is needed to sign in to your Smule account and download new songs!
Device ID & Call Information
- We use this to create a unique, non-personally identifiable ID for each device which helps us to administer, troubleshoot and improve the app services.
What if my question is not listed here?
Email us! We are happy to help. You can Contact Us Here.