I just logged into an existing account but lost the Smoola, songs, and achievements that I earned before I logged in. What happened?
- Unfortunately, Smoola, songs, and achievements earned while registered as a Guest don't follow you into an existing account. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How do I get access to free songs and instruments?
- You can earn XP for scoring high on songs. You get bonus XP the first time you get a new star on any song.
- Instead of 3 stars per song, there are three stars per song per difficulty. Collect all the stars for max XP.
- Achievements give bonus XP and Smoola. Tap the trophy icon on the songbook to see your achievements.
- Accumulate XP to level up and earn the songs and instruments that show as locked in the songbook. Any locked song/instrument can be unlocked early for Smoola if you don't want to wait!
How do subscriptions work in Magic Piano?
- With the All Access Pass in Magic Piano, you pay one low weekly, monthly or annual price to access ALL of the songs and instruments in the app - that's over 1000 songs and new songs are being added weekly! Play them as many times as you like and enjoy the perks of being a VIP subscriber!
Where do I find the subscription options in Magic Piano?
- Simply click the Smoola currency at the lower right of the app and the options for subscriptions will pop up. Choose the one that’s right for you and start jamming!
What if I want to upgrade my subscription?
- You can manage your subscription at any time through iTunes and change your type of subscription. See this link for a step-by-step guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098.
What if I want to unsubscribe?
- You can turn off the auto-renewing subscription at any time through iTunes. See this link for a step-by-step guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098.
You will be unsubscribed after your current subscription period has expired. You can not cancel the current active subscription period. Once your subscription expires, you will no longer be able to play songs you downloaded while you were a subscriber. You can still purchase songs using Smoola, and any songs you purchased with Smoola before subscribing will remain available to play.
When will my subscription renew?
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package.
When will my trial subscription convert to a paid subscription?
- A trial subscription automatically converts to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the trial period at the cost of the chosen package.
What if I want to cancel my trial subscription before it converts to a paid subscription?
- You can turn off the auto-converting trial subscription at any time through iTunes. See this link for a step-by-step guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098.
You will be unsubscribed after your trial subscription period has expired. You can not cancel the current active trial subscription period. Once your trial subscription expires, you will no longer be able to play songs you downloaded while you were a trial subscriber. You can still purchase songs using Smoola, and any songs you purchased with Smoola before subscribing to the trial will remain available to play.
How does the daily challenge scoring work?
- Daily challenge scoring is tied to the timing and accuracy of how players interact with the notes on the screen. If you tap on the notes when they are exactly on the horizontal line of the screen (two-thirds of the way down), then you will earn the maximum number of points. You will earn fewer points if you tap on a note when it is further away from the horizontal line. The best way to get a high score is by building up a note streak, which creates a point multiplier – which in turn gives you a better chance at ending up on the leaderboard. If you slow down the notes at the beginning, you will not be able to get the highest possible score since you will not be able to attain the highest possible point streaks.
What is Sing! Jams in Magic Piano?
- Sing! Jams allows users to play piano with performances from vocalists in the Smule app, previously known as the Sing! app.
How do I find a Sing! Jams song?
- You can find Sing! Jams songs in the songbook. These songs have a microphone icon to the left of their title.
Is there any way to save my Sing! Jams performance and share it with the rest of the world?
- There is no way to share a Sing! Jams performance at this time, but we are definitely considering adding this feature in the future!
I’m having trouble getting a song to load. What should I do?
- Please check your internet connection and make sure you’re online. If you’re still having issues, please email us using the link at the bottom of this page.
How are Sing! Jams vocalists selected?
- Sing! Jams vocalists are previous winners of Guitar Idol, which is a competition held in Smule app to pick the default singers for the Guitar! app. To become a Sing! Jams vocalist yourself, simply check out the current Guitar Idol song selections, sing one of the songs, and hashtag the performance with #guitaridol. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be featured as the vocalist once we add that particular song to Sing! Jams.
How do I turn down the volume for the singers?
- Simply pause and then move the slider to control the volume of the vocals.
]How can I play the song without singing?
- In the pre-song screen where you select the difficulty of the song, you can toggle Sing! Jam vocals to OFF in the top left corner.
Songbook mode is awesome! How do I get more songs to play?
- All the songs in Magic Piano can be purchased using Smoola, Smule's virtual currency. Free Songs are added to the app every week so keep your eyes peeled. Learn more details about Smoola here. If you want access to ALL the songs, simply purchase an All Access Pass within the app by clicking the Smoola currency at the lower right of the app. You will then be able to play any and all songs in Magic Piano for the duration of the subscription!
I'm singing as loud as I can, but I can't hear any effects on my voice. Is my "Magic Piano" broken?
- No, your piano is working correctly. To use "Magic Piano", go to solo mode and touch the surface of the device with your fingertips. Playing the spiral or circular keyboards will let you choose precisely the notes you wish to play. Playing in Free mode, wherever you touch the screen generates a pleasing note. You can't miss it!
How do I change the size or range of my pianos in solo mode?
- When you are in solo mode (spiral or circular), touch two fingers vertically on the right side of the device screen. If you slide the two fingers simultaneously up and down, the register of the piano will slide up or down (the note range will become higher or lower). To add or remove keys to the pianos, widen or tighten the space between your two fingers. It's that easy!
How do I log in with Facebook?
- First, you need to already have a Facebook account. Click the cloud icon on the top left corner to bring up the slide-out menu bar. Click on your user name, and then click “Connect” to Facebook. You will be asked to confirm your credentials and give permission.
What do the colored dots mean when using a songbook song?
- Yellow dots indicate chords, so be prepared to use more than one finger when you see a yellow dot.
Why did you pick colors with such little contrast for songbook mode, what about us color-blind people?
- We will fix that with a future update.
Songbook mode sounds out of tune, and writing says something is too far to one or the other side, why?
- There are two different modes that you can use to either concentrate on just playing the correct rhythm of the piece or to challenge yourself more by having to tap the screen in the right place - if you miss the note, it sounds out of tune. Also, if you tap a chord with too many fingers, it will sound out of tune as well. To choose the mode you are using, go to the Settings menu and turn perfect pitch on or off.
Hey, my songs and Smoola are gone! I only see the original three free songs what's going on?
- There are two things that could be happening.
- You were logged out and went offline, the app couldn't get your song list, so it shows a default list. When you get back online, log in and your song list should come back.
- You were logged out or you logged in while our servers were down. You will have to wait till we can get them back up, then log in again and your song list should come back.
- If you were logged in while offline or logged in while the servers were down, you can still play any and all of the songs that you own and are downloaded.
Magic Piano doesn't work right when I use three fingers to tap.
- Try turning off Zoom you can do this by changing the settings on your device. For iOS devices, go to: Settings > General> Accessibility > Zoom OFF
- For iPad-only, you may also have gestures enabled. You can disable these:
Settings > General > Gestures OFF
Can I use my All Access Pass with multiple devices (phone, tablet, etc)?
As long as you are signed into the same Smule account, your All Access pass will work on any number of iOS devices.
I made a new Smule account. Can I still use my All Access Pass?
If you need to create a new Smule account for any reason, you can use the Restore button on the purchase page to associate your All Access Pass with your new account.
In the unlikely case that you are unable to restore your All Access Pass via the App Store, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions above and re-purchase your All Access Pass to clear the association with other accounts.