Can I still use the audio and video effects I previously used in Smule?
- Yes! The effects you know and love are included in our premade Styles, along with tons of new options to play with!
I don’t see or hear the effects while I record in Smule. Is my Style working?
- Some of the effects in your Style will be applied after you’ve completed your recording. If you don’t like the Style you chose, you can pick another Style before you save and post your recording.
I saved and posted my recording but I want to change my Style. Can I edit it?
- Once your recording is saved and posted, you can’t change the Style you selected. You can only make those changes while you’re still on the review page.
What are Styles?
- Styles are made up of audio and visual effects. The effects change with the different sections of the song. Smule automatically identifies those sections for our entire songbook, producing Styles that dynamically react to them.
Can I remove or change the Style (or effects) from my recording when I join an invite?
- Not entirely! Using the Audio Override you would be able to use a different Audio FX, however, you would not be able to change the Visual FX that is part of the Style already chosen.
Why do my older Smule recordings have a Style icon on them?
- We created Styles for all of our existing audio and visual effect combinations so that your older performances wouldn’t be left out with this new change.
What does the hexagon icon mean?
- Hexagons represent Styles in Smule. Each Style has a signature icon, in the shape of a hexagon.
How do I know if an invite has a Style applied to it?
- Every performance on the Smule app is made using a Style, even if the Style does not contain any FX.
Can I use a Style that someone else made in the Style Studio?
- Currently, our iOS users have a Search and Select option when it comes to the Styles. This feature is in production for our Android users.
How do I pick a Style?
- Styles make creating in Smule faster and easier than ever. Just pick a song, choose your Style, and sing! The dynamic effects will be applied after you complete your recording to complement your singing.
How do I join an invite with a Style?
- Browse your ‘Feed’ or ‘Explore’ page to find an invite that matches your vibe. Or, you can search for a specific song and view the invites. Just look for the Style icon and join in on the fun!
Will there be more Styles coming to Smule?
- Yes! We’ll be regularly updating the Style carousel and releasing new Styles - stay tuned!
What if I don’t see a Style that I like in Smule?
- Create your own Style in the all-new Style Studio app, available on iOS and coming soon to Android.
- You can create your own style having your favorite FX and use it as a general one when you sing.
- You can also create a more unique and special one for a particular performance that will suit you best.