Can I still use the audio and video effects I previously used in Smule?
- Yes! The effects you know and love are included in our premade Styles, along with tons of new options to play with!
I don’t see or hear the effects while I record in Smule. Is my Style working?
- The effects in your Style will be applied after you’ve completed your recording. If you don’t like the Style you chose, you can pick another Style before you save and post your recording.
I saved and posted my recording but I want to change my Style. Can I edit it?
- Once your recording is saved and posted, you can’t change the Style you selected. You can only make those changes while you’re still on the review page.
What are Styles?
- Styles are made up of audio and visual effects. The effects change with the different sections of the song. Smule automatically identifies those sections for our entire songbook, producing Styles that dynamically react to them.
Can I remove or change the Style (or effects) from my recording when I join an invite?
- No, you can’t change the Style or the effects when you join an invite but you can adjust the volume of your vocals and other applicable audio parameters like reverb amount or pitch correction. We understand this is a different experience but think of it this way: you’re helping bring your singing partner’s vision to life by sharing in their creative choices.
Why do my older Smule recordings have a Style icon on them?
- We created Styles for all of our existing audio and visual effect combinations so that your older performances wouldn’t be left out with this new change.
What does the hexagon icon mean?
- Hexagons represent Styles in Smule. Each Style has a signature icon, in the shape of a hexagon.
How do I know if an invite has a Style applied to it?
- You’ll be able to tell because there will be a hexagon, which represents the Style that’s been applied to the song invite.
Can I use a Style that someone else made in the Style Studio?
- Not yet, but you will be able to in the future! In the meantime, you can either join their invite OR you can make your own unique Styles, using the Style Studio app!
How do I pick a Style?
- Styles make creating in Smule faster and easier than ever. Just pick a song, choose your Style and sing! The dynamic effects will be applied after you complete your recording to complement your singing.
How do I join an invite with a Style?
- Browse your ‘Feed’ or ‘Explore’ page to find an invite that matches your vibe. Or, you can search for a specific song and view the invites. Just look for the Style icon and join in on the fun!
Will there be more Styles coming to Smule?
- Yes! We’ll be regularly updating the Style carousel and releasing new Styles - stay tuned!
What if I don’t see a Style that I like in Smule?
- Create your own Style in the all-new Style Studio app, available on iOS and coming soon to Android.